Brown Werner attorneys are experienced commercial litigators, who have tried cases in jurisdictions across the United States. Our trial experience includes major civil jury trials and bench trials for domestic and international corporations. We regularly litigate complex commercial disputes before state and federal courts and administrative agencies, as well as through alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Our approach is to listen with an experienced ear, understand our clients’ business needs and objectives and employ strategies designed to efficiently and effectively resolve our clients’ claims and disputes.
While we take pride in our ability to handle complex litigation, we believe it is important to be proactive in evaluating the exposures posed by claims and lawsuits and exploring settlement early in the litigation process. With this focus, we have been successful in resolving high exposure commercial disputes without the need for protracted litigation.
What follows is a brief summary of some of the significant commercial matters handled by Brown Werner attorneys:
- Counsel to oil tanker and international shipping companies in litigation arising from claims of corporate fraud and embezzlement.
- Counsel to multinational corporation in litigation and arbitration matters involving accounting, finance and disclosure issues associated with insurance-backed financing for motion picture productions.
- Represented manufacturer of non-metal golf cleats in matter involving patent infringement and alleged antitrust violations in connection with the manufacture, marketing and sale of non-metal cleats for golf shoes.
- Handled employment-related litigation and administrative agency proceedings, including whistleblower claims and discrimination claims involving allegations of discrimination based upon race, gender, age and disability.
- Represented software manufacturer in patent infringement and theft of trade secrets litigation.
- Represented beverage manufacturer in connection with Lanham Act and unfair trade practices litigation.
- Represented telecommunications company in breach of contract litigation arising from media placement agreements
- Handled litigation involving alleged losses sustained by operators of mini market franchises related to the introduction of allegedly defective gas additives.
- Represented underwriting companies in a series of commercial arbitrations involving breach of software license agreements related to the rollout of proprietary claims management software.
- Handled case of first impression regarding standards for admissibility of expert witness testimony in litigation involving claims of strict liability and negligence related to the design of construction equipment.
- Represented golf association in matter arising from competitor’s improper use of registered domain name.
- Represented toy manufacturer in trademark and copyright infringement litigation related to the manufacture and sale of toy products.